Oh my Goodness!
This is so unexpected! Thank you so much! Thank you!
*wipes away tears, trying to not get over emotional*
I want to thank God, I can do all things through Jesus Christ. I want to thank my wife and unborn son as well as my mum and dad for all of the love and support you have all given me. For wordpress for hosting my blog. for me amazing writers, editors and comedians who help me put amazing blogs together week in and week out and of course thank you to you. All of you! My amazing readers, the reason I do this and keep it going. Without all of you I would never have gotten this award that I am unsure how to pronounce!
In all honesty, a big thank you to iMac for nominating me for the Liebster Award and to all of you amazing people that take time out of your busy lives to actually read my little blog full of quite literal ramblings. Thank You!
“The word “liebster” means “dearest” or “favorite” in German, and the tag is used to spread the love awareness for the smaller bloggers in the community.” — SBD
So here is how the Liebster Award works:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers and let them know they’ve been nominated
- Come up with 11 questions for the bloggers you’re nominating
11 Random Facts
- I am the owner of 2 cats who both have a serious weight problem.
- When I was in my teens-early 20’s I began training to become a Professional Wrestler.
- I have a degree in Youth Work with Applied Theology.
- I went on a missions trip with my youth group to Tanzania in 2007 and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
- Before moving to America I had never lived outside of my hometown, or my parents home.
- I have had the idea for my own comic book for at least about 10 years but never seem to be able to keep at writing the actual story down, although I am in the midst of another attempt at the moment.
- Since moving to America I have become a big fan of UFC/MMA and my favorite fighters are probably; George St.-Pierre, Frank Mir and Lyoto Machida.
- When I was a kid I lost a crazy number of my baby teeth by swallowing them after they got stuck in food I was eating.
- Last Christmas I acted in my churches Christmas production called Glorious Christmas Nights: Sincerely Yours. It is an all singing, all dancing broadway style show and we put on about 19-21 shows across 2 weeks.
- I have an unbelievable love for cheesecake and I am currently working through the list of Cheesecakes at Cheesecake Factory in an attempt to try them all at least once.
- I currently own one signed Comic Book/Geeky item. A Captain America Lithograph that is signed by Artist J. Scott Campbell and Stan Lee.
Answers to iMac’s Questions
- If you could spend the day with any blogger you’ve met on this site, who would it be? Probably the writer of Beauty Beyond Bones. She seems like a great woman with an amazing story and an amazing faith. I would highly recommend to check her blog out. And also Natalie from But Why? Had the chance to chat with her on twitter a little and she seems pretty cool.
- What favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Relax and watch movies all day while eating take out.
- Do you prefer cake or pie? Definitely Cake
- What do you enjoy the most about blogging? Honestly, just getting to express myself and all of my loves and interests.
- Do you prefer mountains or the beach? Probably the mountains
- If you could time travel, where (when?) would you go? Definitely forward to the future and just see what’s to come, how technology changes and who my kids grow up to be.
- What has been the stupidest thing you have purchased this far in your life? Honestly, probably lots of things but at the moment nothing is really coming to mind.
- What’s your favorite type of cookie? Chocolate Chip Cookie, hands down, moving on.
- Who’s your best friend? There are probably 2 that come to mind. Calum, my best friend from Scotland and for about 12-13 years. They guy is like a brother to me. And then Jake, My Brother-in-law who is my best friend in Virginia and my partner in crime next weekend at Comic Con.
- Do you speak any foreign languages? No. Unless you count Scottish Slang as another language.
- If you have traveled outside of your hometown, what is the first thing you notice about others? In America as apposed to Scotland, there is a lot more excitement, passion and enthusiasm about life where as Scotland there is a definite culture of Apathy.
Since I started blogging again 5-6 months ago there are a number of blogs that I thoroughly enjoy reading each week and I hope that you will check them out and love reading their posts as much as I do.
- What is your favorite Undersea Creature?
- Why did you initially start your blog?
- Are you writing for the same reasons or has it changed over time?
- If you could only tell me one interesting thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What is your favorite name for a pet?
- What one piece of advise would you give to a fellow blogger to help them out?
- If you could live anywhere in the world that spoke a different language, where would it be?
- If you could meet any blogger you have connected with in person, who would it be? (Stole this question from iMac 😉 )
- Who is your all time favorite actor/actress?
- What is the last song you just listened to?
- What one thing do you think the world needs to make it better? (And expand on it, can’t be as generic as just saying love.)
Thank you for the Liebster Award and another big thank you to all of the people that take the time to read my blog. I always hoped but never imagine I would start to gain an audience of readers. Thank you so much, it means the world to me.
And if you liked this blog and want to see more, the leave me a like and comment below.
And as always you can follow me on Social Media;
Twitter – @comicsandcross
Instagram – comics_and_the_cross